Mindful Self Compassion 5-Day Intensive – Edmonton
Posted by Admin
How do you typically react to difficulties in life, such as work stress, rejection, physical problems, or financial hardship? Do you instinctively fight uncomfortable experiences or find fault in yourself when things go wrong? What if, instead, you took a moment to comfort and soothe yourself when you felt bad—as you would do for others?
Self-compassion is a skill that can be learned by anyone. It’s the heart of mindfulness. Research has shown that it boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help you stick to your diet and exercise routine.
This Arts Week workshop provides essential tools for living your life fully and wholeheartedly. You learn how to:
- Stop being so hard on yourself
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Transform your relationships, old and new
- Practice mindfulness and self-compassion exercises in everyday life
- This workshop meets a prerequisite for admission to MSC teacher training, and is particularly valuable for health-care professionals and nonprofessionals who want an in-depth experience of mindful self-compassion.
Workshop lead by Michelle Becker, M.A., LMFT and Steve Hickman, PsyD.