Miscarriage Prevention & It's Treatment
Posted by Cecil Horwitz
Most women who have had a number of miscarriages often experience such anxiety and/or depression that the thought of becoming pregnant again can bring about even more stress and anxiety.
Recurrent miscarriage or recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) can be defined as two or more consecutive pregnancy losses.
They are actually more common than we realize and can affect up to 50% of women in their first trimester. Though the majority of women who have experienced a miscarriage go on to have a healthy pregnancy and an excellent chance of carrying a baby to term.
Recent studies show that women with regular supportive care during their first 12 weeks of pregnancy dramatically reduce their number of unexplained miscarriages. Examples of this care includes regular medical and emotional check-ins with midwives or doctors and regular practice of deep relaxation.
A combination of Acupuncture, Chinese herbal therapy, and supplements can help balance hormones, correct deficiencies and reduce the risk of miscarriage.
Acupuncture in particular helps reduce risk of miscarriage by:
- Nourishing the developing follicles and create better egg quality and embryos by increasing the blood flow to the ovaries.
- Improve sperm quality by increasing blood flow to the testicles thereby optimizing the male’s contribution to embryo quality. This is particularly important in couples undergoing ICSI.
- Increasing better blood flow to placenta and nourishing developing fetus and preventing uterine contractions.
- Regulates the body’s natural hormonal production therefore improving egg quality, ovarian function and proper progesterone levels.
- To prevent early uterine contractions, relaxes body and reduces stress levels
Managing stress can be simple with just 20 minutes a day of focused breathing, listening to music or being in nature. Meditation and practicing mindfulness could also be practiced. Try doing activities such as yoga, tai chi, cardio exercise, decreasing work commitments and surrounding yourself with friends and family.
Contact us for a free email consultation.