The Wonders of Black Garlic
Posted by Christina Pistotnik
Did you know that black garlic is regular white garlic that has been fermented?
If you have never tried black garlic, then you should definitely add this to your list of foods to try! It has a sweet flavor compared to regular garlic and has 1/3 of the odor!
The truly amazing thing is that the fermentation process decreases the smelliness of garlic and helps to increase its natural antioxidant properties 10 fold!
Health Benefits of Black Garlic
- Antioxidant support: it is loaded with antioxidants which help to prevent cancer, heart disease, cell damage (including egg and sperm damage)
- Cardiovascular support: decreases blood pressure because it relaxes blood vessels
- Gut health: Fermented foods are probiotics which keep the gut healthy & happy
- Mental health: because of the brain-gut axis, a healthy gut means a happy mind
- Immune support: wards off colds and flu
- Liver Health: prevents fatty deposits on the liver, supports liver function and metabolism capabilities
I hope you give this super delicious and nutritious ingredient a whirl! You won’t regret it.
Check out Chef Blair’s recipe from our Men’s Mindful Eating Cooking Class with RGE RD – it includes a black garlic coulis!
Sign up for our Newsletter for updates on upcoming events!